Michael A. LaRocca
The Ultimate Competetion Shotgun
Custom modified Remington 870, 1100 or 11-87
The shorter of the two 1100s is an LGW
exclusive design, the "18-8
." Starting life as a Remington 1100, the vent rib barrel was shortened to 18½-inches and a custom-made magazine tube was added for eight (7+1
) rounds capacity. Offers unprecedented reliability and ease of handling. With the rest of LGW
's custom modifications, that little fella would spit fire
from the ports and command spectator attention during the Rolling Thunder portion of bowling pin matches! Eight fired hulls in the air simultaneously tends to draw people's interest!
Our exclusive tactical or competition
- Complete polishing of action
and gas assembly for reliability
- Super-crisp trigger with overtravel stop
- Pro-Porting and mercury recoil suppressor
- Barrel shortened and/or Tru-chokes installed
- Extended mag tube custom cut
- Extended safety and competition bolt handle
- Recoil Pad Installation
- Tritium and Ghost ring sights
- Mag-Na-Port Authorized Dealer
"If I had to shoot a practical match in Britain or elsewhere
tomorrow and could take only one gun, I'd use the LaRocca...."
– Massad Ayoob, Handgunner Magazine, January 1987
"LaRocca's Practical Shotguns are winners - both in Practical
Shooting competition and for self defense!"
– Walt Rauch, Combat Handguns, August 1994
"This 870 is fantastic!! I can't believe how smooth it is and how
much the recoil is tamed."
– Sergeant Dave Spaulding, Training Specialist,
Montgomery County Sheriff's Department